Tuesday, May 24, 2011

A Day On The Water





The 3 Amigos (Todd, Brian, and me) spent the day on the inlets of the Atlantic Ocean off the coast of South Carolina fishing for Redfish, Sea Trout, Flounder, and yes...SHARK. We saw several Bonnethead Sharks, but couldn't hook one. We did, however, catch a few Redfish (see photo of Todd and me), and some baitfish (see photo of Brian). All in all, it was a great day of seeing the inner banks of the Carolinas, enjoying friendship, and decompressing.

I'm finding that as much as I need a break from work, I'm starting to miss it, especially those I work with and those I work among. It's going to be challenging to let go and really rest. I know I need to, but I'm so accustomed to interacting with my co-workers and church that I'm finding it difficult to not check in. Pray that I can really let go, really relax, and be available to God's voice.

I've been reading 1 Kings and just today read about when Elijah heard God's voice in the whisper. I have a hunch that word is for me. I need to come out and listen to God's voice in the whispers. That means, however, that I need to learn to be quiet. Hmmm...glad I have 3 months to do this!

No comments:

Post a Comment